Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Adoration of Jenna Fox (Spoiler)

     The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson is about a girl who gets in a horrible car accident and should die. But she doesn't. She lives, but doesn't remember anything at all about herself. She finds out her body is all fake. It's not her. Her skin, her eyes, her hair, her arms, her legs all fake. Except one 10% of her. 10% of her brain is saved and hers. So she's really only 10% of a person. She'll never have her old life back. So that made me think, if you are only 10% of the person you used to be and the rest of you is pretty much plastic is it worth living? If you have a chance to save someone, but when you do they'll hardly be who they were would you do it? Is it even right to do that? Could it just have been selfish of her parents?
     I believe they should have let Jenna die. I know it sounds harsh, but I think it would've been the "right" choice. Jenna was obviously supposed to die. I wouldn't want to be saved if it meant that I would have to live a total different life and not even remember who I was. It was even hard for Jenna to talk and walk at first. I wouldn't want to live in a fake body and have to basically start my life all over at sixteen even if it meant I'd have a longer life.
     Also, I believe it was just Jenna's parents being selfish. They weren't ready to give up their child. They weren't supposed to outlive her. They were so attached to her that they did everything they could to keep her. I'm sure if I had child and they died in a terrible accident I'd do anything to get them back, but I'd also think of my child. And if I thought about my child I wouldn't have done what Jenna's parents did. They were only thinking about themselves, not Jenna. If they'd thought about her they wouldn't have brought her back, not matter how hard that'd be. They would have let her die.

1 comment:

  1. Okayy...so I was reading you r blogpost when I came across one thing. That Jenna should die. I mean even if she is only 10%, she still have 10% of herself left. Eventhough she lost the 90% of herself, she is still her. We all live to survive right? Well at least that's what I think.

    ReplyDelete