Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Visibles

          The Visibles by Sara Shepard starts out with a letter. It doesn't say who it's to or who it's from, but it starts with a letter. So much happens in this letter. Two people meet, secretly fall in love, and then one of them dies, the one not writing the letter. It's all pretty unclear, but I figured if I kept reading this would start to make sense. I thought maybe it'd start with dealing with her death in the beginning. I thought you'd find out who wrote the letter and the book would be about that person. You'd find out who the girl who died was. I thought the letter might tie in to everything in a very obvious way. I thought everything would become less confusing.
        I was very wrong. The first chapter after the letter is really confusing. It take a little to realize that it's now a different person talking. There seems to be no connection to the letter at all. It appears time must have passed since the events in the letter happened.
       Where I am at in the book now I've figured out that the story is told by a teenage girl named Summer. The letter that started the book was written to her Father, but it's still why he wrote this letter because he's writing it to someone who has died. I still don't know what the events in the letter have to do with anything though. Hopefully reading more will make everything more clear.

1 comment:

  1. Its nice that you retell about the book (but you gave a little spoiler), but I think that you should elaborate more on your opinions of the nook instead of just retelling.

    ReplyDelete