Sunday, September 19, 2010

Charlottes Web - Post One

In the chapter Escape of Charlottes Web the whole escape made me think of a young person going off into the world alone for the first time. Wilbur goes out of the barn a little unsure of what he is doing. While he is out things become hectic and he longs for firmiliarity. He sees a apple tree near where he is and runs to that because he when he lived with Fern there was an apple tree in the yard. I can connect to Wilburs feelings. Like Wilbur I want freedom, but also once I am out alone I want to be back where I was. Safe and not having anything to worry about. In Wilbur's case he goes back because he is offered food. He knows if he goes back he will be given food regularly, it'd be something he wouldn't have to worry about getting. He knows he will be taken care of in the barn. Another observation of mine is in the beginning when he is told about the loose board I wonder why the animals told him about it. Did they want to same him from his fate or did they want him gone? It isn't very clear because as they yell at him what to do they could be helping, but again they could be trying to get rid of Wilbur. 

1 comment:

  1. Mollerrzzz. i think theyre just trying to warn him of the bitter, but true reality.

    ReplyDelete