I am reading Looking For Alaska by John Green in class and today my group came up with a question that I found interesting. Does Pudge change through out the corse of the book? Everything around him is changing fast, but is he?
I guess you could say he stays the same, keeps his interests and acts the same way. He does things he didn't used to do before he went to boarding school. But is it really him changing as a person or just growing up? So we decided Pudge does change, mostly just grows up, and there is one person who really changes him.
That person is Alaska Young. I don't believe she tried to change Pudge, it just kind of happened. He fell totally in love with her. He acted more the way her and her friends did. Not because he had to though he just kind of changed naturally.
What really changed him and caused him to grow up was her death. Maybe Pudge didn't act differently, but by the end his life had changed a great deal, everything was so different then it was in the beginning.
No comments:
Post a Comment